5 Affordable Winter Romantic Destinations
A romantic vacation that’s filled with sun, surf, and adults-only activities can be expensive during winter. A good rule of thumb is: if it’s cold here and warm over there, the price will be high. For example, islands in the Caribbean can cost thousands more during the winter. So, what’s a couple wanting a romantic escape in winter to do? Well, we have done the work for you, and list here 5 affordable winter romantic destinations for your next great vacation experience:
Winter is the perfect time to visit because the hotel prices are low and the temperature averages between 70-80 degrees. In addition, the diving is perfect.
El Secreto Resort in Northern Ambergris Caye, Belize (Photocredit)
1. Diving the Great Blue Hole (one of the best dives on Earth)
2. Visiting the archaeological site and ruins of Lamanai
3. Jaguars, lemurs, and sloths (oh my) at the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve.
Blue Hole, Belize (Photocredit)
2. New Zealand
Our winter is a great time to visit New Zealand because it’s in the middle of their summertime. The weather is great and you won’t see a ton of kids because they are in school.
Waitomo Glow Worm Caves (Photocredit)
1. Sailing through the Waitoma Glow Worm Caves (pictured above), they are even more cool in person then they look in pictures
2. Bungee off the Sky Tower (only if you are a super adrenaline junky)
3. Visiting Hobbiton, where the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed.
3. Honolulu, Hawaii
Honolulu gets more visitors in the month of June than Tahiti gets in a whole year. This is why Honolulu makes for a great winter destination, fewer people! The prices are the same as they are the rest of the year, but you will be able to find a lounge chair at the beach without getting up at 5 am to reserve it.
Waikiki Beach, Honolulu (Photocredit)
1. Taking a surfing lesson (they guarantee to have you up riding the waves in 1 hour)
2. Going to a luau (a little touristy, yes, but so much fun)
3. Swimming with the dolphins.
4. San Diego, California
San Diego is a wonderful and eclectic city (I know, I lived there). Winter is a great time to go because the crowds tend to dwindle and prices are lower.
Konai Kai Resort, San Diego (Photocredit)
1. San Diego Zoo (best zoo in the world, I’m calling it)
2. Romantic Dinner Cruise
3. Sea World
5. Sydney, Australia
Sensational Sydney is one of the best destinations in the world, year round. But remember our winter is their summer, so it will be nice and warm.
Opera House, Sidney, Australia (Photocredit)
1. Hugging a koala at the zoo.
2. A surfing lesson at Bondi Beach from Australia’s number 1 contribution to society: Hot Surf Guys
3. Climbing Harbour Bridge.
Hope you are inspired by our list. Please share with us places where you’ve thoroughly enjoyed a romantic winter adventure. Thanks!