Getting Ready for Your Honeymoon
I have given you tips for planning your perfect honeymoons. Now that you have planned your honeymoon, it's time to get ready for your trip. Here are my tips for getting prepared for your honeymoon.
1. Pack ahead of time. You will be exhausted after the wedding and reception; it's better to take this packing chore off your plate early. Packing early also gives you time to add things you might have forgotten to pack the first time.
2. Get yourself a crossbody bag or tote for day trips. These are easier to lug around. Crossbody bags are a safer way to carry money and valuables.
3. Buy new lingerie that makes you feel beautiful!
4. Pick your airline seats early. Do you want to spend hours stuck next to an airline bathroom?
5. Arrange for someone to take care of your pets and plants well before you go.
6. Get any travel documents you need. Any destination outside of the US and its territories require a passport at a minimum. Some also require visas. If you don't have the right travel documents, you will not be allowed to travel…no; you won't get a refund.
7. Check your passport and renew it if necessary. Most destinations require that your passport be valid for 6 months AFTER you return from your trip. Again, it is your responsibility to ensure that your documents are in order.
8. DON'T forget to bring necessities along. Get yourself a clear travel bag and fill it with travel-size must-haves: shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush. It would be best if you also took: tampons, bug spray, sunscreen, aloe, medicines, etc. These items are very expensive if you have to buy them at the resort!
9. Anxious about flying? Talk to your doctor they will usually give you a prescription for a 2-time dose of Xanax or Ativan so that you don't have an anxiety attack on the plane
10. Take Dramamine, Benadryl or Scopolamine with you if you get motion sickness. If you never cruised or flown before, take some medicine just in case.
11. Pack in Secret. Buy some new items and make sure that your fiancée doesn't peak when you pack so that you can surprise them when you are on the trip
12. Pack a swimsuit and cover-up in your carry on so if you can't check in right away, you can leave your luggage with the desk and go to the beach or the pool!
These are my tips for getting ready for your honeymoon. Next, I will reveal my tips for making sure that your honeymoon is the most romantic trip of your life.