Essential Tips for Picking Your Overwater Bungalow
Everyone wants to honeymoon overwater. Bungalows are my number one request year after year. But not every couple will love every cottage. Since they tend to be pricey, you want to ensure that you pick a resort, destination, and overwater bungalow that is the perfect fit for you. Here are my tips for selecting the best resort for you without blowing the budget.
Picking the Best Bungalow for You:
1. Do you want to be able to jump right off your deck into the ocean? Then book a bungalow further from shore, where the water is deeper.
2. Are you a beach babe? Book an overwater cottage close to the coast, ensuring that you have a quick swim to the beach.
3. Do you dream of watching wildlife frolic under your feet? Pick a destination with a coral reef.
4. Do you want to avoid wild animals as you swim to the beach? Choose a resort on a private lagoon as opposed to a resort directly in the ocean.
5. Do you want privacy and seclusion? Choose a bungalow at the end of the pier that faces away from the resort.
6. Do you plan on never leaving your suite? Choose a cottage with a private pool, free room service, and plenty of amenities. You will want lots of variety if you are going to be spending a lot of time in your bungalow.
Saving Money on Your Overwater Bungalow
1. Travel during either off-season or shoulder-season when the prices are less.
2. Book early for the best pricing and selection.
3. Choose either an all-inclusive or upgrade to an optional meal plan.
4. Choose a resort with a multitude of restaurants and bars is possible.
5. Choose a resort that offers a large variety of excursions and activities on site.
6. Choose a resort with an excellent spa if pampering is vital to you.
7. Book an extended stay (many resorts will offer free nights if you stay six nights or more)
8. Split your visit between an overwater bungalow and a less expensive room.
I highly recommend getting help to plan your overwater bungalow honeymoon. Destinations that offer overwater bungalows tend to be expensive and difficult for travel. But these tips will help you decide the location that best suits your needs; as well as help you save money.