Tips for a Romantic & Memorable Honeymoon
Updated: Mar 25
You have spent months planning and getting ready for your honeymoon. Now, it's time to head off on the adventure of a lifetime. Here are my tips to ensure a memorable and romantic honeymoon.
1. Plan surprises. If you pack in secret, you will be able to put all kinds of little extras into your bag: small gifts, sexy bikinis, favorite chocolates, etc.
2. Don't be shy; tell everyone that you are on your honeymoon. Perhaps you can score some free upgrades. But be prepared to prove that this is indeed your honeymoon. Most hotels aren't as generous with the freebies as they use to be. Take a wedding invitation showing that you were just married.
3. Take it easy. Ensure that you don't stress by making sure that you have scheduled all kinds of downtime into your itinerary.
4. Shut everything out. One of the easiest ways to make your honeymoon more romantic is to say goodbye to all the distractions of daily life. Don't read the news and try to stay off social media.
5. Make a rule about how often you can each post on social media. For instance: "We can post no more than three times a day." A posting limit gives you have a taste of Instagram but will keep you from getting sucked in. You can always post a bunch when you get home.
6. Create a no technology rule and carry a camera (instead of your phone). You won't be able to check your messages in between picture-taking sessions when you're sight-seeing.
7. Sleep in.
8. Have breakfast in bed on the first morning of your trip...maybe make it brunch in bed.
9. Try something that scares you. Try one new thing on your honeymoon. It can be anything from cliff diving to eating escargot. Get out of your comfort zone a little.
10. Make a diary. Make it a point to fill in each day – one from his point of view and one from yours. Please don't read any of them till the end of the trip. Put them together when you get home adding: pictures, souvenirs, and keepsakes; then, you will be able to relive your honeymoon whenever you look through it.
11. Spend some time apart. It sounds counterintuitive, but a little alone time will make you more appreciative of your time together.
12. Plan a private, romantic picnic.
13. Couples massage. It is an excellent way to relax.
Throw petals on the bed. Wear your favorite perfume. Play music. Drink champagne. Watch the sunset. Please make an effort to ensure that your honeymoon is both romantic and memorable.